Monday, April 11, 2011

The Return Of The Three Ss

82 degrees this afternoon,wow is it April or August? Obviously w/ those conditions it was shades,sleeveless,and shorts attire this afternoon as I cranked out a 10 mile out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway. Caught somewhere between wanting to get back into the swing of things after last week but also keeping in mind a hopeful repeat session tomorrow I settled on a comfortable 66 minute pace. 13 days till the deadline for Worlds closes it's interesting to see guys coming out of the woodwork and also interesting to see that Worlds is no different from Nationals,eg people lie about seed times! I'm utterly gobsmacked that someone w/ an almost identical time to mine last year has now suddenly ran 21 seconds faster....whatever,I'm there to run my race and not lie about my seed time,and if I can't make the podium I'd like to at least beat the runners who lie about their seed times. Fingers crossed I make it to a track tomorrow for my repeats

No comments: