Thursday, March 31, 2011

All Greek To Me

That old adage''your body will let you know when it's had enough" rang true last nite when for the second night in a row I found myself sleeping in my recliner by 7.15pm having just eaten dinner,and while on Tuesday I was able to rouse myself to stay awake till 10.45pm last nite was very much a case of Goodnite Vienna as I hit the zzzs by 8pm,I'm sure my body will thank me later. I did at least get my 9 miler in yesterday to stay on course for another 55 mile week and inspite of the rain this evening I took care of my 6 miler to put me at 35 miles w/ Saturdays race to come followed by another Sunday 15 miler. So yes I did get a spot in this years Upenn Invitational on Saturday and hope to improve upon the 15.57.7. I ran last year which set me up for my pr of 15.36.8. and a bronze at Nationals,while 15.36 may or may not be good enough to get on the podium at this years Nationals I know I need to be down in the mid 15.20s to get on the podium at Worlds three weeks earlier,and yes by now you'll have deduced that I'm running the 5,000m at Worlds,more on that decision tomorrow. I ate Gyro sandwiches for dinner last nite, a welcome change of pace,though judging from the rapid speed I feel asleep soon afterwards I feel some bugger may've substituted my Lamb for Turkey such was the rate I began to give the zzzs a pounding,each fortnite I sit and write my meals/groceries list it gets harder and harder to keep things from becoming monotonous so when I saw the Gyro Sandwich Kit in the frozen section I was all over that,emm emm good. Sticking w/ things of a Greek nature next Friday the remark of one of my all time favourite movies "Arthur" hits the screen. I adore the original, in my humble opinion one of Dudley Moore's finest movies,supported ably by Liza Minnelli and Sir John Gielgud so when I learnt of a remark w/ Russell Brand as the lovable Arthur Bach the millionaire drunk I though it high time to check out Mr Brand's other movies,as luck would have it "Get Him To The Greek" came on Cinemax over the weekend. If you haven't yet seen it it's worth checking out although I felt Sean Combs aka P Diddy was the star of the movie in his role of Principle Records head honcho trying to get Aldous Snow to the Greek Theater in LA. Anyways whether it was the 3 hours extra sleep or the 6 miler in the rain this evening my appetite has an edge to it so I'm off to enjoy some Crab,Lobster and Scallops...and the hope I don't crash out b4 8pm again tonite!

No comments: