Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What Fate Awaits

First and foremost a big thanks for all the positive feedback I got re my 800m race Friday and the issue of if I should go w/ the 800m or 5,000m at Worlds.
W/ two 800m races on tap prior to the entry deadline on April 2nd and April 17th I don't have a lot of time to fine tune things so I'm reverting to last years training schedule,5x10 miles followed by a 5x1,000m repeat,this lead to a 2.02.4. 800m,15.36.8. so if that worked so well last year maybe it could jump start me right now?
If the entry deadline for Worlds was March 24th I'd be leaning towards the 5,000m right now,Saturday and tonites 10 milers along Cobbs Creek Parkway were both in the 64-65 minute range,the acid test will be Sundays 5x1,000m and compare it to this time last years repeats and see where it stacks up.
Of course March wouldn't be March w/out talk of more snow....yeah snow,let's see what tomorrow brings weather wise....please tell me Sundays track workout won't get scuppered due to snow on the track......

No comments: