Sunday, March 13, 2011

Double Trouble

Fear not dear reader I haven't slid back to old habits,one day one,one day off,truth is after yesterdays 14x400m repeats I was too knackered to even sit at the pc,what the frig I ran 14 miles going around in circles if nothing else I was dizzy!!!

As far as yesterday went it began well enough clocking splits of:72.1,74.8,73.6,71.6,75.3,72.7,75.7.
then the arse fell out of it:77.3,77.4,75.2,80.2,77.0,NT,80.4.
The NT came about as a result of a stop watch malfunction but judging from the times I'd been clocking #13 would not have been anything to write home about.
I don't think upping my workload from 12 to 14 had anything to w/ my second half collapse I think it was just "one of those days"I felt after #7 I had no knee lift or leg turnover,but rather than just throw the towel in I kept grinding away to the end,there's always next week.

As for today it was back to ye olde Sunday 16 miler,although today had a twist.
Thanks to Facebook I hooked up w/ Rich a newcomer to the Greater Philadelphia Track Club who was looking for someone to run 10 miles w/,I mentioned doing the Art Museum Loop as part of my 16 miler and w/ that Rich and I met up at Locust Point to do an easy 10 miles.
It was a nice change of pace to have someone to run w/ as we shot the shit about running,maybe we can do this again next week.

50 miles for the week,back to where I was b4 getting sick and Hobbes dying,short week leading up to Friday's indoor season finale at The Armory,10 miles tomorrow,9 miles Tuesday,9 miles Wednesday b4 a rest day Thursday.....which is St Paddy's Day.....here comes another Irish week on tap....

No comments: