Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LAH Life After Hobbes

Dave King of Flogging Molly always says how the Irish"don't mourn death we celebrate life" and w/ that in mind I knew today had to be the first day of getting on w/ life in the post Hobbes era.
Having spent the weekend in my room I took yesterday off work to get caught up on all the domestic chores that fell by the wayside,w/ them done today was about going back to work,coming home,training,making dinner,writing my blog,business as usual....the only thing missing is a large orange cat taking up room on the stool at the pc,that cat,he could've had the bed,the recliner....but NO he had to have the stool and yours truly had to squeeze his boney butt on here somehow.....I'm going to miss that.

I was glad to be out running after everything that's happened,after a week long layoff it was time to let out the clutch and burn rubber along Cobbs Creek Parkway and did I ever,64 mins for a 10 miler,it's been a while since I've been sub 67,then again w/ all the angst of Hobbes dying,not having ran for a week and warm enough temps to shed down to long sleeve shirt and 3/4 bottoms went a long way to such a fast time.

Tomorrow I'll hit Catherine St hill for a repeat of my hill repeats,I tried hitting Temple's track last Wednesday only to find the track off limits as either Temple or CCP's athletes were using the track which kyboshed that so rather than run that risk again I'll do the hill repeats I did 2 weeks ago.

No comments: