Monday, March 14, 2011

Shamrocks And Shenanigans

Some hearty jigs,the water around me bubblin'off to Hollyhead,fool I could no longer stand it blood began to boil temper
The boys in Liverpool when we safely landed called me an arsehole,what says I, let me shellaillagh fly,some Galway boys saw I was losing poor Erin's isle they began abusing.
Hooray were nigh saw I was a hobblin w/ a loud array they joined me in the fray and soon we cleared the way on the rocky road to Dublin

Rocky Road To Dublin Dropkick Murphys

Ah yes,Irish week kicks off again!! easy 10 mile run post work to get the week off to solid start,did briefly consider a series of 9 milers between today and Wednesday but I may now go w/ back to back 10 milers and take two rest days b4 Fridays race,I could still have another 50 mile week,on the subject of which I've just logged 50 miles in 4 days which is another reason why I may take an extra rest day if I feel sluggish tomorrow.

I'm a little nicked up right now,as Linford Christie once said and I quote"as an athlete you're always injured"so a few aches and pains at 47 aren't enough to set alarm bells ringing but I'm astute enough to listen to what my body is telling me,there's nothing to be gained by racing a meaningless race at the end of the indoor season if it throws a spanner in the works for my outdoor season so I'll tread w/ caution the next day or two

No comments: