Friday, March 11, 2011

Bastards On Parade

''You may bury me w/ an enemy at Mt Calvary,you can stack me on a pyre and soak me down w/ whiskey.
Roast me to a blackened crisp and throw me in a pile
I couldn't really give a shit I'm going out in style.
You can take my urn to Fenway spread my ashes all about or you can take me down to Wolly Beach and dump the sucker out
Burn me to a rotten crisp and toast me for a while
I couldn't really give a shit,I'm going out in style"
Going Out In Style-Dropkick Murphys

It's seemly getting harder and harder to put in back to back training days of late,I lost two days either side of Dropkick Murphys at The Electric Factory on Wednesday nite.
Wednesday was just one of those days at work and by the time I got home I had a couple of messages from my sister to call her as a can of worms has been opened in the last few days,by the time that phone call had been dealt w/ it was too late to run as I was heading over to The Electric Factory post celebration of Spurs advancing to the Champions League 1/4 finals.
A late nite ensued,it was 12.40am when I got home and when the alarm went off a 4.40am I wasn't feeling it,and returned to sleep....
I was an hour late getting to work{slacker} but stayed an hour late to make up for it{responsible} but coupled w/ the rain and being bollocksed I blew off last nite,tsk tsk,what the frig I went to bed at 9.30pm last nite as I was that knackered.

It's funny the older we get the less we seem to be able to handle,going back 17 years ago when I was only 29 I recall going to see Ned's Atomic Dustbin at the TLA,it was the first gig in a while I'd gone to "stag"as I'd been dating Christine for a while and the mosh pit was off limits,she didn't share my love of the Neds so I figured a chance to relive old glories that nite......
I lasted 6 songs b4 clambering out of the pit for the safety of further away from the stage,at 29 I was feeling old,fast forward 17 years and staying out till close to midnite to see Dropkick,getting home by 12.40am shouldn't be a big deal on a weeknite but for love nor money I could not get out of bed yesterday morning,I may have to start scheduling days off after weekday gigs in future.

Anywho it was worth it,Dropkick rocked,I've been a fan for a while but never saw them live,last year on my trip to Boston for Indoor Nationals I downloaded "Sing Loud,Sing Proud" on my ipod along w/ my Flogging Molly cds and Pogues best of cds,it not only provided the ideal soundtrack to the weekend but inspired me to see both bands and add their cds to my library,I always though "Highway To Hell" "Wherever I May Roam" or "The Last Beat Of My Heart" would be the songs I wanted played at my funeral but Flogging Molly's"If I Ever Leave This World Alive" or Dropkick Murphys"Going Out In Style"have now taken over at the top of that list.
No excuses tonite I hope a 10 miler and track tomorrow for 14x400m b4 a 16 miler on Sunday to round me out to 50 miles and hopefully build momentum moving forward going into spring.

No comments: