Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fly The Flag

His eyes they close and his last breath spoke,he has seen all to be seen
A life once full,now an empty vase wilt the blossoms on his early grave
Walk away me boy,walk away me boy and by morning you'll be free
Wipe that golden tear from your mother dear and raise what's left of the flag for me
Then the rosary beads count them one,two,three fell apart as they hit the floor
In a garb of black we must pay respect to the colour we're born to mourn.
Walk away me boys,walk away me boys and by morning we'll be free
Wipe that golden tear from your mother dear and raise what's left of the flag for me

What's Left Of The Flag-Flogging Molly

After yesterdays slog over the closing miles of a routine 10 miler and feeling"dead below the knees"I opted to evoke a rest day,my former coach told me to"listen to what your body is telling you"and what it told me was take a rest day.

I feel a lot better,the real test will be when I run,hopefully tomorrow,at least going down the steps from my room to the kitchen was a lot easier tonite compared to yesterday,the day off probably the right decision

No comments: