Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hitting The Reset Button

I did say in Friday's blog that I was going to take a few days off to shake whatever it was that was lurking around my lungs.
It was my first sub 50 mile week since the last week of December when I lost three days due to the snow and only clocked 38 miles.
To have kept running over the weekend just to log another 50 plus mile week seemed churlish,a few days off to shake whatever gunk I had on my lungs and begin this week and month firing on all cylinders seemed more prudent.

Although Spring is officially still 19 days away it was a glorious afternoon to run,donned the shades,ditched my hat and gloves and enjoyed an out and back 10 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway.
I didn't feel any ill effects from my days off or the crud that had been on my lungs,the real test will come tomorrow when I hit the track for 8x800m repeats.
Happy St David's Day to any Welsh readers out there,I know St David kind of gets overlooked in March,time to put some Catatonia on ye olde ipod me thinks

No comments: