Thursday, February 18, 2016

Baby Needs New Shoes.....And Daddy Needs Coldplay Tickets!!!!

When I recently switched roles at work from the Loading Dock to the Storeroom one of the things I gave up was  alot of PC access,not the wortst thing in the world given left to my own devices I could spend all day on Facebook,Amazon and You Tube......
However this also means I don't check my work related emails as much as I used or...or should evidently I missed the recent memo that Matthew Kelly is the new CEO of the hospital.......he must be cos these feckers are "Game For A Laugh"!!!!!


In at 6.15pm,out at 4.22pm w/ no lunch oh and they want me in early on Thursday to clear the dock of skids b4 7.30am when two feckin' Hill Rom 18 wheelers show up w/ 50 beds.....
It's a testimony to my desire to get my miles in that inspite of a 10 hour work day and not getting home till 5.10pm I still got out of my work clothes into my running gear and back out the door by 5.20pm to run.


It probably helped I only had to log a 6 miler,could've squeezed in an 8 if need be,10 might have been pushing it but the fact was I did it,sure these days my mantra seems to be "what's my rush to get home,I'm in no hurry and there's nobody waiting for me when I get there" but kudos where they're due I could've said feck it I'm tired and hungry.....but I didn't.


As for the 10 hour day lets just say I already have two extra hours on my cheque from last week when I stayed late plus I've worked through lunch Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday already this week w/ the prospect of having to do so again today........dropping "two bills" on a floor seat for Coldplay in August at The Linc doesn't seem to be such a financial burden now.....

No comments: