Thursday, October 6, 2011

Easy Does It

"We must play our lives like soldiers in the field,the life is short I'm running faster all the time
Strength and beauty destined to decay so cut the rose in full bloom
Till the fearless come and the act is done a love like blood, a love like blood
Till the fearless come and the act is done a love like blood,a love like blood
Everyday through all the frustration and despair love and hate fight w/ burning hearts
Till legends live and man is God again and self preservation rules the day no more"


Love Like Blood-Killing Joke


Another easy 6 miler to put me at 30 miles going into Saturday's Jack St Clare xc 5 mile race at Belmont Plateau,my first xc race in almost three years but more of that on Saturday.


By all accounts the Indian Summer we're enjoying will stick around through the weekend,not exactly xc weather....but I'm ok w/ that,one of the reasons I shunned xc for so many years was the memories of being caked in cold mud from xc races when I began running back in 76 it wasn't till I converted back to track in 06 that I fully embraced xc as the natural bridge from the end of outdoor track to indoor track.


No 80's dance nite at Sex Dwarf for me tomorrow nite since I have a race on Saturday,it's a small price to pay but I can hardly be out dancing till 1-2am w/ a race some 12 hours later,one month of no Sex Dwarf won't kill me but to numb the pain I've loaded up ye olde ipod w/ even more 80's tunes including Killing Joke's 1985 classic "Night Time"I'd put it right up there along side The Human League's "Dare" and Japan's "Tin Drum" as quintessential 80's albums and one well worth checking out if you haven't heard it or one worth revisiting if it's been a while since you last got your groove on to "Love Like Blood" or "Kings And Queens"....but don't take just take my word for it hundreds of 80's music fans can't be wrong.




No comments: