Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Funny,Cos It's True

Back tracking slightly,Sunday I ran 12 miles to round out my week at 53 miles
I had 41 going in and could've easily just ran 9 to round out my week at 50 but frankly if I was going to get out there and run 9 miles I might as well run 12.

Feeling the effects of a long week between Duran Duran,Howard Jones and Rochester I woke up Monday feeling run down,it felt like someone had put a faucet in my nose and sandpapered my throat when I woke up and at that time the prospect of a run post work seemed remote,getting to work to be informed my co worker had called out sick for two days meant I now had to pull double duty on top of feeling like crap,I knew a run was flying in the face of it so I sat out Monday.

Tuesday I felt better, the nose was still running but my throat felt better,I was tempted to run but thought better of it,w/ The Bridge Run 10k 11 days away now was as good a time as any to taper,w/ 10 weeks of 50 miles a week under my belt I could back off a little this week and next week,left to my own devices I might've looked at another 50 mile week this week but now having sat out two days this week hitting 50 mpw wasn't happening this week and there's no need for it next week either.

Wednesday out for an easy 8 miler, after two days off it felt good to be back out running again,having missed 2 days was bad enough but the fact they were in the low to mid 60's was galling,as we enter the tail end of October there's a feeling each nice day out there could be the last and missing one is a sin,two is unforgivable.
Fingers crossed I can get out there again tomorrow,I plan to rest Friday so that I can be fresh on Saturday for my final track workout b4 next Sunday plus it's the last Friday of the month which means "Land Of The Lost" on WXPN w/ Robert Drake which is a nite I like to be home early,chores done,showered and shaved b4 dinner and free to sample 4 hours of 80's tunes and the high jinx of the Land Of The Lost chat room.

I couldn't resist the photo of the kitten and the asperger caption,Precious has gotten a lot more vocal since turning a year old,maybe felines get "the terrible twos" early but she's becoming more of a handful these days but if memory serves me her big brother Hobbes was a rambunctious little devil when he was younger but he outgrew it and hopefully Precious will too,judging from the two hours of almost non stop running around after I returned from Rochester on Saturday she truly is my cat,and judging from the fact she's now curled up on my lap as I type she is a "daddies girl" and it's hard not to love her .....even if I'm getting called all sorts of names!!!!

No comments: