Thursday, October 20, 2011

Next Stop Rochester

Well technically the next stop is The Keswick in Glenside for Howard Jones tonite,and then Rochester,but due to time restraints the Ho Jo review will have to wait till early next week after I return from Rochester and the USATF Masters Nationals 5K XC C'ships.
Backtracking slightly I did manage to get my 9 mile recovery run in yesterday,it looked like I might get rained out and while not being able to run wouldn't have been the end of the world it would've put me in a hole for getting another 50 mile week in,though not impossible but would've meant 9 tonite,9 on Saturday and 14 on Sunday but the heavy rain had quit so once again it was baseball cap and jacket weather as I took care of business.

Slightly better conditions this evening for my 6 miler but the first real chill in the air evening,it was noticeable w/ short sleeves and shorts how much milder it felt this evening,granted we're into the second half of October but none the less a stark reminder of what's around the corner in the coming weeks and months,the sidewalk along Cobbs Creek Parkway is becoming more and more covered w/ leaves.

On the subject of conditions I have no idea what to expect in Rochester Saturday but I'm betting wet cold and muddy,real cross country conditions unlike the recent Jack St Clare 5M XC which was ran in 75 degrees.
Due to a typo by someone at USATF Atlanta Track Club are in the M50 team competition not the M40 so it looks like a 4 way dog fight(no Michael Vick jokes please!....oh please like I'm the only one who went there!!!) for the team race,GPTC,Central Park Track Club,Westchester Track Club and hosts Genesse Valley Harriers.

No comments: