Saturday, October 29, 2011

Twenty Four Twenty Four Split

Well,so much for a final 3x2mile track repeat b4 The Bridge Run 10K next Sunday,I woke up to pouring rain which put the kybosh on that for me,then remarkably the rain turned to snow.....yep friggin snow at the end of October which reminds me a classic line from Colm Mealey in the movie "The Van" when him and his buddy are sitting on a beach freezing and he says"global warming me bollocks"!!!!!

W/ no run to occupy my day I had more time to ponder the other big anniversary of the week,24 years since I left home and everything I knew in South East London and moved to Philadelphia here on the east coast of the United States.
To say things didn't quite go to plan would be an understatement but here I am 24 years later still carving out a life for myself.
I recall a relative of mine saying b4 I upped sticks that "if you don't go 10 years from now you'll regret you didn't" well 10 years was a while back,tack on another 14 years and I find myself having lived here in Philly as long as I lived in South East London.

Do I regret it?......no,in life I've learnt that all the regrets in the world don't change the facts and while there are several parts I'd "do over" again in a heartbeat the fact is life doesn't come w/ a how to handbook you're going to make mistakes....and boy have there been some howlers but life's a learning process and hopefully you learn from your mistakes.
So next year marks a quarter of a century out here,a year later I'll turn 50,were I that way inclined I''d be planning a couple of blow out parties but I somehow doubt that'll happen......unless one of those unexpected curve balls life tends to hurl your way from the mound meets my bat and I hit the sucker out of the park.......hey after 24 years here in America a little baseball is bound to have rubbed off on me but as I always say and probably always will
''you can take the boy out of South East London,but you'll NEVER take the South East London out of the boy".....oi!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: