Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shufflin' Along

Another Sunday,another 12 miler along the river,another 50 mile week.
Also another glorious day in October to be out getting my long run in,as long as mother nature keeps sending them,I'll keep taking them.
For those not from "these parts" the above picture is of Kelly Drive just at the end of Boathouse Row,trust me this photo wasn't taken on a Sunday morning as it's always crowded w/ runners,joggers,walkers,cyclists,roller bladers,people w/ strollers etc,I've always enjoyed my runs along the river in the almost 24 years since I moved here and hope to continue to do so.

Felt weird to be home for the weekend,technically I was home last weekend but w/ Lynn and Chris in town I spent little time at home,the weekend b4 I was in Syracuse,the weekend b4 I was in New York and this coming weekend I'll be in Rochester.
I would've liked a weekend at home w/ my feet up relaxing and making inroads into my laundry list of dvr's shows but this wasn't the weekend for it,asides from my 3x2 mile repeats and Sunday long run there were the domestic chores that needed taking care of,food shopping,laundry and somehow I found time to squeeze in a movie.

"50/50" was playing at The Riverview which is my least favourite cinema to go to,mainly due to the hike it takes to get there w/out a car but I wanted to see it so I switched running shoes for hiking boots and made the trek into South Philly to see it.
It was an enjoyable movie,it's hard to make a comedy about Cancer but the movie does a stellar job of being funny w/out trivializing the illness,kudos to the writers and directors for that and hats off to Gordon Joseph Levitt,Seth Rogan,Anna Kendrick and Anjelica Huston for their roles.

On the way home I made the rare move of putting the ipod on shuffle and seeing what would come streaming through my ear buds next,I was pleasantly rewarded w/ the following:
Sex(Extended Version) Berlin
They Dance Alone Sting
Life's What You Make It(Live Version) Talk Talk
Fade To Grey Real Life
Numb/Encore Linkin Park & Jay Z
39 The Cure
Do Re Me,So Far So Good Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine
First Goodbye Scritti Polliti
MLK U2
How Was It For You? James
Lady W/ The Spinning Head U2
Underneath The Stars The Cure

No comments: