Friday, October 7, 2011

Top 20 List Time Again

Having just downloaded "The Best Of"by Toyah and "Singles" by Alison Moyet on my ipod and hoping to squeeze "The Very Best Of"Altered Images in (the words Clare Grogan and squeeze seem to fit.....in the early 80's my ambition was to be Mr Clare Grogan....but like a lot of my foolish hopes and dreams it never came to fruition.....more's the pity!!!!) it got me to thinking about a Top 20 list of 80's female vocalists.
Like all lists it's a personal choice so I'm sure I'll have left off some peoples favourites and also included favourites of my own that wouldn't make other peoples lists but,my blog,my list,my choice........
Submitted for nobody's approval but my own........ and listed alphabetically to try to cut down arguments about the order..................................................................................

1 Alison Moyet
2 Annie Lennox
3 Belinda Carlisle(Go Go's)
4 Chrissie Hynde(Pretenders)
5 Clare Grogan(Altered Images)
6 Elizabeth Fraser(Cocteau Twins)
7 Johnette Napolitono(Concrete Blonde)
8 Kate Bush
9 Kate Pierson(B52's)
10 Kim Wilde
11 Kirsty Maccoll
12 Maria Mckee(Lone Justice)
13 Pat Benatar
14 Rachel Sweet
15 Sade
16 Siouxsie Sioux(Siouxsie & The Banshees)
17 Suzanna Hoffs(The Bangles)
18 Suzanna Vega
19 Terri Nunn(Berlin)
20 Toyah

No comments: