Monday, October 10, 2011

A Blast From The Past

A nice easy 8 miler today to not only kick off the week but also get any residual gunk out of my legs from Saturdays St Clare 5m xc.
No race this week so back to the conventional week of training,8,8,8,6,8,12 w/ the intention of tomorrow being a hard 8 and Saturday being a return to 3x2 mile repeats.

Unseasonably warm again today,hell it's mid October I'll wrestle an Alligator to get days like these{see what happens when you blog during "Hart Of Dixie"!!!}in the coming weeks.
While today saw me returning to normal training weeks it was also a day to get back to the tried and tested routine of life,my sister Lynn and brother in law Chris were in Philly over the weekend to visit me on their way to Australia,via Nashville,Argentina and New Zealand,when ever Chris works in Australia they fly west from London and then west back to London.
It's always good to hang w/ any of my family,as I approach the 24 year anniversary of leaving home and coming to America it's nice to connect w/ those guys in person and not over the phone or via the internet,if I didn't appreciate the value of family when I left home at 24 I sure do now at almost 48.
My final words to Lynn and Chris last nite were to give my best wishes to Australia and let them know I'm on my way there in 5 years time for the 2016 WMA C'ships in Perth plus my "guided walkabout" afterwards it's a long way off but I'm already planning for it.

And from the future,to the present and my past after citing Elizabeth Fraser in my Top 20 female vocalists of the 80's my Cocteau Twins songs on my ipod{Heaven Or Las Vegas,Pearly Dew Drops Drop,Sugar Hiccup,Spangle Maker and Song To The Siren technically This Mortal Coil but w/ Liz Fraser on vocals}have been on heavy rotation of late, there's something magical about Liz Fraser's vocals but don't just take my word for it check them out for yourself.

No comments: