Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween For Me

"The cottage is windswept now there's only sorrow here follow evacuation signs
You're detached and broken and so sentimental now remembering how we passed out time
Ohh ohh,ohh ohh somebody waits for me ohh ohh,ohh ohh far beyond our halloween
Germanic forces marching on concrete squares our love is just defenceless sound
And could we believe all that you said was true we could be so determined now
Slowly emerging dividing Germany,everyone's lost in east Berlin
And only believing in just what you want to hear,we're waiting in stations once again
Ohh ohh,ohh ohh somebody waits for me,ohh ohh,far beyond our halloween"





Halloween-Japan




Well here we are again in "back tracking mode" been a lot of that recently,anywho Saturday's freakish weather not only put the kybosh on my track repeats but running period,in fact the weather was so nasty I said to hell w/ it and took a "zen like" approach to my recliner for the day,when life gives you lemons........however the fall out of that was come Sunday I now had all of Saturdays chores(pay the rent,go food shopping), on top of laundry and work everything around calling home to talk to my mother and getting a phone call from my brother,add in the clocks going back in England already that added another wrinkle to the whole thing and frankly fitting in my regular Sunday 12 miler seemed unlikely,I guess if I absolutely,positively had to get my 12 miler in I'd have worked around my schedule like I have countless times b4 and no doubt will countless times again but in a week that had seem me already miss a bunch of runs I figured one more wasn't going to matter,after all I'm meant to be in taper mode for this Sunday's race.



Putting all of last weeks woes behind me I got out yesterday for an easy 8 miler,this is an easy week,it'll be easy 6 milers tomorrow through Thursday b4 2 days off in prep for Sunday as I aim to erase my oldest pr in the books(27 years.....this sucker needs to go!!!) also this could be my final week of runs along Cobbs Creek Parkway,w/ the clocks going back on Sunday I may need to switch up my runs down Spruce St and over South St bridge for my 6 milers,out to the Art Museum along the Schuylkill Banks for my 8 milers and out along Kelly Drive to Girard bridge for my 10 milers as parts of my out and back along trusy and these days leafy CCP will be pitch black(mainly the section through the park after Baltimore Ave upto CCP and then in reverse on the way back) but this is an issue for next week but if this is my swansong along CCP till it begins getting lighter in the evenings next late Feb/early March then sobeit.



Given my born again black hearted celtic pagan nature it's no surprise that Halloween is one of my favourite days on the calender...it is after all a Pagan holiday!!! and this year I had two reasons to cheer,my beloved "Land Of The Lost" which got bumped from it's regular last Friday of the month time slot got a 3 hour slot tonite between 8pm-11pm,3 hours of the dark side of new wave lots of Bauhaus,Sisters Of Mercy,Siouxsie & The Banshees,and of course The Cure which was the other reason I was a happy camper.



Earlier this year The Cure performed their first three albums(yep there I go again showing my age.....albums...!)in two shows in Australia which were filmed for dvd release later this year but the clamour for them to reprise these shows resulted in a one off 7 show series,1 in London,3 in LA and 3 in New York at The Beacon over Thanksgiving Day weekend,tickets went on sale today(the irony ) and I managed to snag a ticket for the third and final show on Nov 27th,get ready Big Apple I'll be getting my goth on,christ upper Manhattan is going to resemble something like "the children of the corn" as the black clad masses descend from far and wide for those three shows.....happy goth? is that a massive contradiction?who knows,who cares,me a couple of hundred like minded souls and The Cure in NYC....it truly is a Happy Halloween!!!!









No comments: