Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sometimes A Really Good Idea.........

A frustrating evening{at least on the running front}thanks to some sort of stitch like pain under my right rib cage.
I experienced this once b4,it came out of nowhere,hung a round for a few days then disappeared, I'd like it to disappear again now.
It showed up on Sunday early into my easy 12 mile run,at first I though I hadn't given myself enough time to digest breakfast so didn't read too much into it,it showed up again yesterday on my easy 8 miler and it raised a flag,throughout the day today I could feel what ever this thing is even when I wasn't running and for a while I contemplated pushing back my hard 8 miler till tomorrow I figured going for it today was as good a plan as any so I went for it.

3.24 at Cedar & CCP b4 clocking 8.28 at Baltimore Ave,I was 14 seconds behind last weeks split and feeling like I was running compromised compared to last week.
13.22 at Whitby Ave b4 making the turn in 23.55,68 seconds behind last weeks turnaround split.
I already knew I wasn't going to be able to get close to last weeks 44.57.4. and while I didn't throw in the towel I was guilty of not being 100% focused so I wasn't surprised to see my splits continue to slip away from me,35.08 at Whitby Ave,40.08 at Baltimore Ave and 45.45 at CCP and Cedar b4 clocking 49.10.6. at the finish.
Remarkably not my slowest run over the last 7 hard 8 milers,my last hard 8 b4 last week was a 49.16.3. on Sept 13th and when I began these hard 8 milers I opened in 49.46.1.

I'm frustrated that w/ only three quality hard 8 milers left b4 the Bridge Run 10k I pissed this one away but it was something out of my control so I won't beat myself up too much,fingers crossed whatever this rib cage issue is it goes away and soon.

No comments: