Thursday, November 10, 2011

In The Poppy Fields

"In the poppy fields we come and go,in the poppy fields we lose control
In the poppy fields where we come from,in the poppy fields we are gone
In the poppy fields I remember,I remember everything I remember you and I
I remember stones on a window pain,and how you cut my hair
I remember everything as if it were today,in the poppy fields I remember"

In The Poppy Fields-The Alarm


It's often said you shouldn't discuss religion or politics and it's also a widely held belief that politics and sport don't mix....and yet they seem to end up together like Bert and Ernie,Peanut Butter and Jelly or Rice and Beans.


This Sunday in England is Remembrance Day a day set aside to honour those who gave their lives during world war one and two,I recall standing in Memorial Gardens in Lewisham on many a second Sunday of November as a wreath was laid at the war memorial and I always wore my poppy w/ pride,watch any English tv show leading up to Remembrance Sunday and the hosts will be wearing a red poppy it's a mark of respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice so it's been a major sore point all week leading up to the England Spain game this Saturday.


The governing body of world soccer,Fifa banned England for displaying a poppy on their jerseys siting some bullshit rule but will allow then to display a poppy on their arm bands.......seriously somebody a Fifa made that a rule,let's not look into the mass corruption w/in the organisation lets ban a symbol that shows support for fallen war heroes,no wonder Fifa doesn't have a nativity play over the holidays......they can't find three wise men!!!


A nice easy 6 miler this evening,after three runs along the river I opted for the old out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway this evening,I figured if I got out by 4.15pm I'd be home by 5.05pm while it was still light enough,I did however misjudge how cool it was after 3 days of 60 degree temps it was only 51 degs out there this evening w/ a heavy cloud covering,not quite jacket weather but a friendly reminder that we're heading closer to winter,looking forward to a rest day tomorrow b4 hitting the track on Saturday.


No comments: