Friday, November 4, 2011

Where The People Look Good,Where The Music Is Loud

If it's the first Friday of the month.....and I don't have family in town then it's the 80's dance party at Sex Dwarf.
After a frustrating day that felt like I was in my own episode of "Pardon The Interruption" I'm looking to blow off a little steam on the dance floor tonite,after 2.5 hours of trying to match po's when I first arrived at 6.30am from 9am through 3pm it felt like whenever I'd finally get a minute to myself it was ding dong Avon calling....I have a delivery for you..... granted I'm there to work not research Bowie cds online but when I start making a list at 9am that still isn't finished by 3pm I can't help but feel tad short changed.
Talking of cds I swear Sonic and Amazon are in cahoots together to get me to buy more cds,having kind of given up on so called music television months ago when I'm not watching anything on my dish I hit up the music stations,one in particular channel 839 Flashback/New Wave that plays 80's music anyway of late I find myself adding more cds on my list of cds to buy by artists I missed first time around
Two in particular have gotten inside my brain and refuse to be shown the door,"Boys" by Book Of Love and "Just Another Day" by Oingio Boingo granted I can get the cds they are on dirt cheap used(trust me w/ a list as long as mine you can't afford them new.....) but everytime I cross a few cds off the list a few more go on!!

Tonite should be a treat it's a tribute to B52's one of the bands I recall my childhood friend John Kelly introducing me to,John was a year older and was getting into the hip bands that I as of yet hadn't discovered between B52's,Japan,Ultravox{John Foxx era} and The Cure John helped shape my musical landscape in 79/80 and frankly 32 years later I haven't looked back.
W/ a race Sunday that means I have no run/repeats scheduled for tomorrow so staying the course tonite till 2am is an option if I chose,it' the 6th annual "Wig Night" so I have chance to let my hair down .....so to speak I shall attending sans wig but maybe next year I can get creative w/ a wig and a pair of scissors and give myself that circa 1981 Phil Oakey look I always wanted.

Well what do you know Bowie just came on Flashback/New Wave.....I do believe this is where I came in.....

No comments: