Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Footsteps In Gabardine

"Watching your window across the street we share eyes on your shadow you are unaware.
Picture a stranger footsteps in gabardine you sense the danger something unforeseen
Burning fires on your shore never open any door I'm wasting my time you don't hear my S.O.S.,the perfect crime to answer your S.O.S."

S.O.S.-Go West


Another easy 6 miler this evening in another glorious 61 degrees and sunshine.....I'm hanging on to these days cos as sure as Monday comes after Sunday I'm gonna miss the shit out of them when they go,probably next week after ye olde clocks go back


Not wishing to look beyond Sunday and my next race but it looks like I'll side step the Rothnan 8k here in Philly on Nov 19th in favour of the NYRRC 5K XC at Van Cortlandt Park the following day,the sticking point being the $45 entry fee,that's a lot of money and frankly needing new running shoes and needing flats for next season means that's $70 and $40 to shell out on top of $45 for Rothman,I'm not made of money and the fact when I went online today to book my trip to and from NYC for The Cure both Megabus and Bolt Bus have jacked up their fairs that weekend cos of Thanksgiving meant my trip cost twice as much as when I did the Human League/5th Avenue Mile trip in late September....grumble grumble!


On the subject of money for years I've searched for a cd of "Bangs & Crashes" an collection of remixes and live tracks by Go West that I've had on vinyl forever,it served as a stop gap between their self titled debut in 85 and their follow up "Dancing On The Couch" in 87,whenever I'd find a copy they wanted silly money for it,seriously we're talking $150,I spend that on groceries every two weeks for that kind of money I'd sing the songs myself and the would be seller could whistle for it!


Anyway a few weeks back more by luck than design I found a copy for well under $10,I couldn't resist and sitting in the lobby on my lunch hour the other day I sat almost in rapture as I listened to it for the first time in eons,I loved Go West their first two albums were great and while I've had them on cd for years"Bangs & Crashes" is about to get played once a week to make up for lost time.


No comments: