Saturday, November 5, 2011

Keeping The Powder In The Keg Dry

I believe I explained the origins of November 5th/Bonfire Nite in my blog last year which should make the title self explanatory given my long awaited crack at tomorrows 10k.
While last week I had no say in not running on Saturday this week was a welcome day off which given I didn't get home till 2.50am suited me just fine.
While there's a lot riding on the outcome of tomorrow's Bridge Run 10k for me I've remained relaxed all day, finished off the Gary Kemp autobiography "I Know This Much" and went to the movies to see "Like Crazy"
I've never made any bones about being a "self confessed art house movie snob"if it isn't playing at any of the three Ritz movie theaters in Center City I tend not to see it,that said I won't not see a movie I want to see if it's not playing at The Ritz{case in point 50/50}but I like Art House movies and "Like Crazy" was a movie that appealed to me, basic premise English girl meets American boy here in America they fall in love and deal w/ all the hurdles a long distance trans Atlantic relationship comes w/ having been through that w/ Erica myself I felt the movie was "preaching to the choir".
I enjoyed the movie period plus it was a couple of hours I wasn't sitting at home fixating about the race the only drawback of going to see movies nobody else I know watches is I'll have no one to talk to about it w/ but such is life.

As is my won't I made a huge bowl of seafood linguine for dinner and have been downloading cds on to my new 30gb ipod and watching the boxing now but once that alarm goes off in the morning{go figure I get an extra hours sleep and have to be up at the crack of dawn!!} I'll be 100% focused on the race.
Hard to believe my 10k pr has stood all these years,July 15th 1984 in only my second ever 10k I ran 34.53 and in the ensuing 27 years it's stood the test of time more to the fact that from 85-05 I focused on marathons and from 06-09 I focused on the 800m/1,500m on the track, after my achilles injury in 09 I upped my mileage to add the 5,000m and following my bout of anemia this year I opted to move up to 10,000m for Masters Nationals in late July so it's been on my radar to run a road 10k b4 the end of the year,10ks have gone out w/ the ark these days so the Bridge Run was one of my only options,come 8.30am tomorrow morning we'll see if after 27 years and 50 10ks I can turn back time.

No comments: