Monday, November 21, 2011

Six Of One,Half A Dozen Of The Other

First up please forgive the tardiness of my entries of late,a full dance card this weekend meant not as much down time at home as usual and when I was home there was either a ton of stuff that needed my attention or I was taking a leaf out of Precious's book and taking a cat nap!!!

I'll do Saturdays race justice later this evening and give props to She Wants Revenge and Pete Murphy also but yesterday I went out for my Sunday long run w/ a twist.
Since it was the Philly Marathon and half marathon I figured the river was probably off limits since it's part of the marathon course so I revised the same 12 miler I used the last Sunday a big race in Philly conflicted w/ my 12 miler for the old PDR(Philly Distance Run) Rock and Roll Half Marathon.

Out by 10.30am on a sunny and warm day,I keep harping on about being able to enjoy t shirt and shorts conditions and sooner or later that train will have left the station for the last time in a while but while I can enjoy that I will.
Down to and across South Street bridge b4 turning and heading back,South St bridge is roughly 3 miles from my front door so there and back would give me my first 6 miles.
Clipping by the front door I continued on my way out to Cobbs Creek Parkway to run what's essentially my out and back 6 miler hence the title.

Heading up the hill in Cobbs Creek Park I began to second guess my desire to make this 12 miles,Saturday had been a long day getting up at 7am and getting to bed at 1.20am and now running 12 miles but I'm damn sure Mo Farah never bags the last 2 miles of a long run so I gritted my teeth and tried to ignore the "dead from the knees down" feeling going on..
After a few weeks off I'm back up to 6 days a week,50 miles a week again....just in time to make this coming week 55 b4 launching into three potential 60 mile weeks leading up to indoor track season,the seasons may change but the mileage keeps building........

No comments: