Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Best Laid Plans,Yada,Yada,Yada

Seems fitting to use a Pat Benatar lyric as my musical pick for this blog entry as I just begun her 2009 autobiography "Between A Heart And A Rock Place" the otherday.
Hoping to build on Mondays good 8 miler the plan was to hit the track at Temple after work for 5x1,000m repeats,outside of my 3 races in Febuary I haven't been on a track since Feb 1st.......guess what I still haven't!!!!

W/ the last of the recent snow  now melted I thought I'd have no worries accessing the track in the afternoon as I had earlier this winter b4 the snow kicked in since Temple had cut its Track and Field program in December.......so imagine my horror to not only find the track in use{not sure by whom if Temple no longer has a Track program?} but also the gates to the track were locked{which is a first}whoever was using the track wasn't about to let "Joe Public" stick its nose in......
Not sure if this was a one off or if it's about to become a regular/semi regular afternoon thing,having thought I'd rid myself of the weekly hike to Roxborough to use the track out there like I have every spring since 05 it would seem I'll have to get used to that again......glass half empty it's a hike and a half.....glass half full lots of time for reading which should never frowned upon.

So in a classic case of "life immitating art" and the lyrics of "You Better Run" very much much front and center in my head I headed straight home and back out the door tout sweet for a 6 miler.
Having already gotten dressed to run thinking I'd be doing repeats the time I'd lost detouring via Temple didn't matter so much period but w/ daylight savings time in full effect I needn't sweat the 30 mins difference as I made my way down Cedar Ave along the route well travelled
64 degrees ensured shorts,short sleeves and shades and a ton of activity out on the Schuylkill Bank when I got there just after 5pm,I felt comfortable ie no effects from yesterdays run in fact I felt so good I could've ran an 8 miler but having originally set out to run 6 miles{1.5 warm up 5x1,000m repeats,1.5 cool down=6 miles} I thought I'd stick to the plan,hopefully I can take care of an 8 miler this afternoon....but if I get caught in a down pour in the final 2 miles of that 8 miler I'll rue that choice

No comments: