Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Know When To Hold Em.....

It's often said that "Patience is a virtue" and that may well be true,it certainly worked in my favour yesterday.
Following a sluggish 8 miler on Saturday I nixed Sundays scheduled 10 miler......sometimes the old "less is more" mindset works beter than just going through the motions and the fact I slept for 10 hours on Saturday nite into Sunday morning{1.15am -11.15am} highlighted my need for some rnr.....as oppossed to GNR!!!!!!!
The 15th snowfall of the winter on Monday made my decision not to run that much easier,I figured why not wait another day,the sidewalks would be clearer,the temps would be warmer and hopefully two days rest would rejuvinate my legs and hopefully propell me to semi respectable terrortory for 8 miles.

As I set off just after 4.20pm I could be forgiven for not feeling justified in that choice,the sidewalks were far clearer than they would have been some 24 hours earlier and I almost rued not switching to shades as it was unseasonably sunny for once.
I think Monday's high was 20 degrees so 28 degs yesterday had a almost "tropical" feel to it.....and it's scheduled to get warmer as the week goes........who knows  maybe a trip to the track on Saturday for repeats is on the cards.......I know I've been out in the heat for too long but WTF it is almost Spring afterall!!

Right now everything is a process,I need to get that day in,day out,week in ,week out 5 day/40mpw schedule down pat,w/ that will come not only consistancy but also the "Three S's Speed,Strength,Stamina" which should then lend themselves to better times both in training and racing,last nite saw me return to the realm of semi respectability for my 8 milers,I'm used to averaging 1.25 for 8 miles and 1.45 for 10 miles so logging a 1.27 felt like a positive step in the right direction......now to repeat that this evening and again tomorrow evening.....like I said it's a process,Rome wasn't built in a day and how long did it take for "Chinese Democracy" to get made eh???

No comments: