Thursday, March 6, 2014

Run To You


Ok I know what you're thinking,what's New Years Day's Ashley Costello got to do w/ running???????????
frankly nothing even though in this bloggers humble opinion she is Fit As Fuck!!!1 but hey freedom of choice,freedom of speech,freedom of expression,my blog I'll post whatever I feel fit to do so....and god damn she's fit!!!!!

So for those of you still actually reading this and NOT Googling Ash Costello here's how yesterday broke down,despite feeling tried from the moment I woke up at 5.27am and fighting a losing w/ Mr Sandman on the trolley ride home I resisted the urge to blow off the run and got myself out the door by 4.18pm for another 8 miler.
It isn't lost on me that as I try for only my second 5 day/40mpw this winter in early March I should actually be tapering for Indoor Nationals but it just hasn't worked out that way this season,however that said each day I can get out there and log valuable miles now is going to benefit me down the road this season,sure I'd like to have been going to Boston for Indoor Nationals and or Budapest for Indoor Worlds but there's still a lot of racing to be done between May and December and the only way to make sure I'm part of that is to grind it out now till it becomes second nature.

42 degrees wow,had I have known that I'd have left the gloves and heavy duty hoodie behind but having avoided getting sick thus far this winter I don't wish to play fast and loose w/ the weather as we're only 2 week away from Spring,the last thing I need now as I build mometum and confidence is to be sidelinded by illness.
Not as prolific as Tuesdays time,1.31 to be honest time is immaterial right now,getting into the groove of running 5 days a week and logging 40 miles each week is the goal,the times will come once I get into that pattern and the only way to do that is to keep plugging away,three for three tonite?

No comments: