Wednesday, March 19, 2014

No Fanfare For This Common Man

Hallefrickinujah!! for only the second time this winter and not since weekending Feb 2nd did yours truly manage a 5day/40mpw.
While I'll stop short of breaking my hand patting myself on the back I will say this moving forward this week  needs to be the rule and not the exception if I have any notions of having a competitive outdoor season,hopefully w/ this one under my belt and the advent of Spring{and dear God Springlike weather!!!} I can make this not so much a habit but have it become routine.

Up and out the door by 10.05am conditions were sunny but mild{code for ski hat and gloves!!!} when I left for only my second 12 miler of the year,however I aim to make the Sunday 12 miler my "long run" going forward,frankly running a number of 8 milers during the week{usually twice} and then "going long" over 10 miles on Sunday seems like a cop out so from here on in the plan is to make Sunday a 12 miler.
There was a little bit of activity along the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Dr although w/ a regatta on the Schuylkill river that meant extra pedestrian traffic along Kelly Dr between Columbia Bridge and St Joes boathouse but nothing that caused me to slow down.....far from it,on my previous 12 miler on Feb 2nd I shot for 2.05 and clocked 2.07 so imagine my delight at clocking 2 flat on Sunday.
Granted I wanted to be home for the 12 noon Spurs arsenal kickoff.....#whybother but the fact that in this past week I've managed to lower both my 8 mile times and now my 12 miler as well as take 15 seconds off my previous 4x1mile repeats hopefully means it's starting to gell......but b4 we get carried away on a wave of premature euphoria lets see what next week brings........

No comments: