Friday, March 21, 2014

Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Arse On The Way Out

Oh the unbridaled joy that I felt at 12.57pm yesterday........Spring officially arrived, to say it's been a "Long Cold Winter" is selling the drama short,prehaps my first indication of what a foul Winter we had had in store was the 3'' of snow that fell on Dec 8th the day  I flew home from London that not only disrupted my flight but also cost me the first week of training upon my return......a trait that would then play itself out repeatedly throughout the Winter.

Still it's done now and while we could still be in for some cold weather{the weather peeps are predicting snow for Tuesday and Wednesday......#ohbollocks} the bad days will be be the minority.....he typed hopefully as we exit March and enter April.
An easy 4 miler on tap which is a bit of a cock teaser to be honest,no sooner do I feel like I'm hitting my stride as it's time to turn around at the foot of the Schuylkill Banks footbridge and head back home but it's better than doing loops around Clark Park for 40 mins.
At least w/ 40 mins I had time to think out my race stratagy for tonites 1,500m,having had a less than steller seasons debut over the mile in January at Hartshore and then had an absolute "brain fart" of a race at The Armory at the end of Febuary I need to run smarter over 1,500m to sign off on the Indoor season w/ a modicum of satisfaction,w/ out "showing my hand" pre race what I will say is providing I take a leaf out of my playbook from the 2011 Outdoor Nationals 5,000m where I won a bronze I could be on for a semi decent race/ time and maybe snag a medal even........clock's ticking only 11.5 hours to go till race time.....

No comments: