Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tell Me The Legends Of Long Ago


So much for Mondays 6x600m repeats as we got snow.....again!!!! and so much for Monday being Green for St Paddys Day!!
Loathe as I am to miss a Monday run as I feel it always puts me behind the 8 ball for the week and the potential of an 5 day/40mpw there is also the wrinkle this week of it being a race week w/ Fridays 1,500m at The Armory at the Frontrunners meet as I call time on the 2014 Indoor Season.

Having just gotten a full week under my belt the last thing I needed was losing a day to the snow but I can't control the weather so now I'm looking at back to back 6 milers on Tuesday/Wednesday w/ an easy 4 miler on Thursday followed by Fridays race,an 8 mile recovery run Saturday and finishing the week off w/ another Sunday 12 miler......the observant amongst you will see that actual comes out to a 6 day/40mpw but the only way around that was to make the Tues/Wed 6 milers 8 miles and w/ a race on tap for Friday I opted for lower milage even if it meant throwing in the easy 4 miler on Thursday......all that could've been avoided however w/ 6x600m repeats on Monday but "Old Man Winter" opted to stick his fuckin' oar in again.....dare we hope one last  time this winter.

Spent my down time Monday listening to some Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher to celebrate my heritage,trust me and Bono would back me up on this one,there'd be no  U2 w/out Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher.......
Slainte

No comments: