Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Moving Onto The Next Stage


W/ the dust now starting to settle on my Indoor season it's time to switch gears and get ready for the Outdoor season,I've ear marked May 15th as my season opener at Icahn Stadium as my Outdoor debut......I know what were the odds of me racing in New York City?????!!!!!!!!!!
Anywho I have 8 weeks till then and providing "old man winter" is done fuckin' w/ my training and I can avoid illness and injury I should get 7 weeks of uninterupted 5 day/40 mpw training under my belt between now and then to put me in better shape than the Indoor Season.

Kicking this week off was an easy 8 miler my 7 day in a row to run but I've gotten used to it......what was a shock to the system was the 36 degree temps that I had to run in!!
Somewhat foolhardy on my part post run on Sunday when I did laundry I put my warm up bottoms and half zip fleece top away thinking I was done w/ them till late October/early November... they along w/ my ski hat and thermal running gloves were very much the running attire yesterday although thanks to the old "current bun" {sun} I could don my shades.....it gave the  illusion it was warmer than it actual was.....whatever it takes right?

I was mildly disappointed to only clock a 1.26 for this run,early indications ie looking up at the digital clock on Peco Tower at  my 2 mile, and 5 mile splits had me believing a faster time was on tap but it wasn't to be,maybe the fact this was my 7th day in a row of running or maybe the knowledge that repeats are on tap tomorrow cused me to slow down but it's still a far cry froma few weeks ago when I had to grind out a 1.34 8 miler.....like a wise man once told me" not all of lifes victories have to be on a grand scale"...

No comments: