Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Three Down,Two To Go!

Having managed to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" and number of times recently in terms of a 5 day/40mpw I was hell bent{for leather????}to make sure this week would be different......
It wasn't lost on me on Friday that I should've been flying upto Boston for this weekends Indoor Nationals but obviously w/ all the training I'd lost over the winter it wasn't worth going.....however I did keep my day off request from work in ergo the rare lunch time run not to mention even rarer  Friday run.

Having done a "recon" mission to the supermarket prior to my run I was able to guage the conditions and work out attire,having gotten spoilt w/ 53 and 63 degree temps on Monday and Tuesday Thursday dropped dramatically to 29 degrees and frankly w/ the "saftey net" of a Friday run in my back pocket I figured fuck having to suffer another below freezing run when I didn't have to subject myself to it,w/ Spring less than a week away I figure "Old Man Winter" probably has at least one final parting gift for us.b4 he's done this Winter.

Obviously at 12.45pm there weren't the numbers of runners out along the Banks/Kelly Dr as I'd had Monday and Tuesday evening when it was also sunny and warm.....and yet I shaved another minute off my time.1.23,like the Robert Plant song says "Little By Little".....
It wasn't all plain sailing,exiting Markward Playground I almost "took a header" on a slab of paving stone that's not flush......thanks to my catlike reflexes and semester of Interprative Dance at Goldsmiths College I stayed upright.....ok so I never went to college,muchless took Interprative Dance but scuse me for making lite of a near fall,the irony being that that section of sidewalk just beyond Markward Playground was almost my downfall a number of times when we had snow and ice on the ground and now w/ them gone I still almost went arse over tit.....trust me w/ 2 miles to go on Sunday on my 12 miler I'll be looking for that slab of uneven paving stone.....

No comments: