Monday, April 7, 2014

Circles & Rings,Dragons & Kings


Thankfully it's become redundant to say "it's another 5 day/40mpw" over the past 4 weeks it's become the rule and not the exception as it had over the winter,and while the past 2 weeks have yeilded me 2 repeats per week in that 5 day period which is clutch going forward,however this would be my 4th consecutive Sunday long run over 12 miles.
When I'm putting in 2 8 milers during the week it felt like a wank to make my Sunday long run a 10 miler hence the bump in milage to 12 miles 4 weeks ago and it's now become a staple in my weekly training.
Out the door by 1.45pm.....I know I said last week that w/ Spurs done w/ Sunday kick offs I should have more leaway w/ when my Sunday long runs begin but as die hard Formula One fan I couldn't pass up the Bahrain Grand Prix between 10.30am and 1.30pm....ergo the 1.45pm start

Unlike the grey overcast conditions of two weeks ago and the rain last week today was bright sunshine and 59 degrees a new wrinkle to deal w/ over 12 miles.
Something else I haven't had to deal w/ on my Sunday long runs is the Philly Phanatic at Markward Playground,which surfice to say drew a crowd for me to weave through,as much as I like the Phanatic this didn't feel like the time or place to announce my loyalty to the Boston Red Sox!!!
I mentioned last week there was no Regatta in the rain unlike the two previous Sundays,well guess what? there was one today although I have to say I knew ahead of time after hearing the traffic report on WXPN on Friday morning.

As usual a Regatta calls for weaving in and out of people and  rowing boats between Columbia Bridge and just beyond St Joe's boathouse but coupled w/ the warm weather there were more spectators this Sunday plus more walkers,runners,joggers,rollerbladers and cyclists to add to the bottleneck,I tried to keep the weaving about to a minimum.
Having gone 2.00,1.55,1.59 the last three weeks I was confident of a 2.00 time today but hd to settle for a 2.01 which in the general scheme of things is neither here nor there,I will say coming off the 8x300x200x300 repeats yesterday I felt a little shot from the knees down w/ 2 and 3/4 miles to go the downhill by the Art Museum and then the next downhill w/in a quarter mile as I passed Paine Park didn't see me "freewheel" down them like I normally do but I'm ok w/ that,the hard work had been done over the course of the week.

That said my post run plans were much, a shower and a quick trip to the laundromat 2 blocks from home and my day was done,now to enjoy dinner and the season 4 premier of "Game Of Thrones".....hence the Dragons and Kings reference in the title,not sure who they'll kill off this season but if it is Joffery PLEASE  make it a long slow painful death..........#littleprick

No comments: