Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Die Die Joffery!

Kill the king tear him down kill the king,yeah gotta take his crown, kill the king he'll rule no more strike him dead the people roar kill the king yeah,take his head down,down,down,down oh,kill
Kill The King Rainbow

When I hit the zzz's Saturday I did toy w/ the idea that maybe just maybe if I got up in time Sunday I could squeeze in an early 4x1 mile repeat over at St Joe's b4 10am and then take a leisurely 12 miler in the afternoon to pull the ultimate "rabbit out of a hat" for a 4 day/40mpw w/ one repeat.......it sounded good in theory but as the old saying goes "theory and practice is the horse of a different colour"....
It was 10am b4 I awoke from my slumber which put the kybosh on what was always going to be an ambitious double and opted to settle for the long run,it sucks worse than a Dyson vacuum to lose not one but two repeats this week but there's a remote chance I could make them up b4 leaving for Winston Salem in mid July......

On the road by 11.45pm it was another warm day an early taste of Summer in Spring.....of course nicer conditions mean more peeps on the Schuylkill Bank/Kelly Dr and coupled w/ the 4th regatta in 5 weeks meant beaucoup congestion between Columbia and Strawberry Mansion bridges,it's getting to the point where I may have switch over to the less populated West River Drive from now on.
It's one thing having to weave in and out of people and avoid the occasional rowing boat as the rowers are making their way to the St Joe's Boathouse but I draw the line at having to almost come to a screeching halt to avoid some fat fucker coming back from the Hamburger tent eyeing up his double cheeseburger like it's a topless page 3 model and not looking to see if anyone is coming along the pathway that's always got runners,bikers on it #openyoureyesdouchebag

Remarkably considering the weaving,slowing down and heat{my dri fit shirt and bandana both had tell tale salt/sweat stains on them at the compleation of my 12 miler} I clocked another 1.55 my second in the last five weeks:2.00-1.55-1.59-2.01-1.55,a far cry from my marathon days but I do enjoy the Sunday long run....minus the weaving in and out of people along Kelly Drive when there's a regatta on the Schuylkill.
on the subject of marathons my post long run treat was to watch the London Marathon on USN{Universal Sports Network}
Having ran London twice in 86 and  02 not to mention grown up in London for 24 years the London Marathon holds a special place in my heart and served as a nice way to unwind after a difficult week of training.

However the London Marathon mearly served as an appetizer b4 the Sunday main course....."Game Of Thrones"
After 31 episodes over 3 seasons and last weeks 1st episode of season 4 I can safely say King Joffery is prehaps the  MOST loathed  charachter EVER so to see him killed off while some what of a gobsmacker so early into season 4 was none the less a delight,in 45 years of watchng tv I doubt I've ever sat on the edge of my seat yelling"DIE!!!,DIE YOU BASTARD!!!!!"

No comments: