Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In Like A Lamb,Out Like A Lion....

I'm well aware the saying goes"In Like A Lion,Out Like A Lamb" in reference to March but you know me I like to dance to the beat of my own drum......especially when it's John Bonham,Cozy Powell,Nicko McBrain,Ian Paice or Neil Peart behind the drumkit!!!!!
However the facts show that while I began my March training on the backfoot due to the then continuing "Winter Of Our Discontent" I have finished strongly w/ three successive 40 mile weeks that made up 120 of the 152 miles I logged in March compared to the 118 miles I managed in January and paltry 76 miles I managed in Febuary......here's hoping to continue to move full steam ahead as went enter April.

Easy 8 miler to kick the week off,thankfully no rain ergo no raingear it was shades and shorts conditions at 59 degreess but w/ a decent wind whipping up off the Schuylkill which kept the sleeveless running shirts in their mail tote bin for now but all in good time!
A slightly later start than usual,most given weekdays I'm on the sidewalk by 4.20pmish to take care of my run but given the biblical preportion of rain this weekend{did anyone notice that this was the weekend the movie "Noah" opened????.....coinsidence?!!!}the only time I ventured out the door was to run so there was some "provisions" that needed to be bought on the way home.....I can't live on Power Bars and Gatorade alone and unless I wish to wake up to find my perfectly good Adidas Adizeros shreaded to fuck then Precious demands her Cat Nip flavoured treats......trust me "Don't Mess W/ The Cat"!!!

W/ 6x600m repeats on tap on Tuesday there was no need to go "hammer and tonges" on this run,having now hopefully gotten into a weekly routine of 5 days/40mpw I can hopefully start getting 2 repeats per week in during a non race week to sharpen my speed leaving the Monday/Wednesday 8 milers to the realm of easy/recovery runs.

No comments: