Wednesday, April 9, 2014

{No More}Smokin' In The Boys Room

Back at it after a days "injury" enforced rest,the good news is said "hammy" is feeling a lot better I didn't feel any problems w/ it during my easy 8 miler although as a precaution I did run w/ the ace bandage wrap on it but it was all plain sailing on a glorious 63 degree sunny day,the bigger test will be this afternoons 4x1 mile repeats at Roxborough.

I'll be the first to admit I've gotten away from the pre run stretch routine......I know I know bad runner!!! maybe this is the Running Gods way of tell me just because you don't see a Horse stretch b4 it goes off on a gallop or canter that I can do likewise,I was really good about the pre run stretch a few years ago b4 it somehow became obsolete{a bit like my social life of late!!} so maybe it's time to address both issues.

If things at work get testy this week it may have everything to do w/ the fact as of Monday the hospital has become a smoke free zone.
While I gladly quit smoking over 12 years ago and never looked back  I know several people who continue to indulge but as of Monday they can't do so on the hospital property which I 'm sure will become an issue for the addicted to nicotine crowd so look for some pissed off employes on campus.....I'm not saying you should take up running as an alternative but maybe in thye long run{no pun intended!}the hospital is trying to do you a favour,just saying??

No comments: