Monday, April 14, 2014

Attitude Adjustment

One day I feel I'm on top of the world and the next it's falling in on me I can get back on I can get back on,One day I feel I'm ahead of the the wheel and the next it's rolling over me I can get back on I can get back on
Far Cry Rush

A while back in Februay when "Old Man Winter" was still dictating my training I recall missing out on a Monday and Tuesday but telling myself a 5 day 40mpw was still there for the taking providing I went w/ 8 milers Wednesay thro Sunday....I took care of bussiness Wednesday and Thursday but baulked at Friday and cited it as a "mental block" as I'm not used to running Fridays which I 'm not it's become one of my rest days over the past several years,and while that is a valid excuse I also know it's bollocks!!!!,and the fact a few weeks later the week of Indoor Nationals I took care of an 8 miler that Friday lunchtime told me that when you really want something you'll go after it.

Fast forwarding to this week and my two shut outs w/ the track I had the chance to at least stay on track{no pun intended!!!} for a 5 day 40mpw w/ 1 repeat providing I took care of a 6 miler on Friday and proving my head was not only in the game but firmly out of my arse I blew off my  post work Friday chores to enable me to get home right away,stretch,get changed and get out the door ASAP to take care of bussiness.
Other than feeling a little weird to be out running on a Friday it was also a bit of a shock to the system to only clock a 6 miler but it's been that kind of a week........ a "Far Cry" from what I've been used to of late

No comments: