Monday, April 21, 2014

Leave Me A Clone

After all the shenanigans of last Saturday trying to access a track to get my repeats in all I asked for this Saturday was an easier time of things........guess nobody was listening!!!!!!
As is often my won't on either Saturday or Sunday my run was dictated by the time of the Spurs kick off,it just so happened we had the early kick off at 12.45pm in London,7.45am here on the east coast so for once instead of waiting till 12pm to head over to Temple I was out the door by 10am...........
I arrived at Geasey Field at 10.45am just in time to hear the opening strains of "The Star Spangled Banner" and everyone on the track and the infield facing the flagpole in the northeast corner of the track, I guess whatever was going on was "official"!!!!!

Now What?did I come back later and hope whatever was going on was finished? head out to "the burbs" again only this week actually getting on a track??? OR come back to Temple tomorrow after doing my 12 mile long run today??????
The later while a guarantee of getting both in wasn't ideal but it was the option I went w/,so after returning home I was back out the door for my long run over 12 miles.
It felt strange doing the quote unquote Sunday long run on a Saturday but sometimes you just have to play the hand you're dealt.

Knowing I still had 5x1,000m repeats to come on Sunday the plan was to take things easy  however when I had someone breathing down my neck along the Schuylkill Banks between 2 miles and 3 miles on my run I couldn't let it go and opted to make whoever was being me to work for it if they wanted to overtake me.
I did have an "out clause" on that rather than lose face and not rise to the challenge I could hang a right at the Art Museum and head north along West River Dr which I had toyed w/ last Sunday duing "weavefest" along Kelly Dr but being it was a Saturday surely there'd be no Regatta today............
Given I was doing my Sunday long run on a Saturday should've been enough of an indication where my luck was at and sure as shit when I got to Columbia bridge I saw the tell tale signs of rowing boats on the Schuylkill........

Thankfully the congestion was at a mimimum this week,next to no weaving in and out muchless no slowing to avoid rowing crews carrying their rowing boats to and from the river and crowds of people cloggging up the pathway.
Since i don't take a watch w/ me on either my easy run,recovery run or long run I have no idea of my pace period muchless my turn around time at halfway so imagine my shock to clock a 1.48 for this 12 miler,over the past six weeks I've gone 2.00,1.55,1.57,1.59,2.01,1.55 so 1.48 today was a bit of an eyeopener and I'd have been a lot happier w/ a 7 minute reduction in my time where it not for the oh so small matter of 5x1,000m repeats on tap less than 24 hours away........

"Orphan Black" returned to the tv schedule Saturday nite for season two,ergo the clone reference in the title,if episode one of season two is anything to go by it's gonna be another wild ride in the life of Sarah Manning and here clones..........

No comments: