Thursday, April 3, 2014

Getting My House And Priorities In Order

It's amazing the amount of "good feelings" one can generate from  a good workout,Tuesdays 6x600m repeats were my fastest since July 29th.....2012 so needless to say I was not only feeling good about my running by generally lovin' life and even feeling good about work.......I know it's scarey!!!!

W/ Nationals now 15 weeks away it's that time honoured scour the internet for airfair and hotels time,ever the Boy Scout{Dib,Dib,Dib!!!}I believe in "Being Prepared" and not leaving things to the last minute hence the need to begin looking up stuff on the net,I have 7 pay cheques between now and then which also factors into the equation,what concerts I can afford or not{just discovered the Queen & Adam Lambert show I had hoped to see in Philly on July 16th is the day I leave for Winston-Salem.......agh!!!}  what cds and dvds I can and can't afford etc.
Whilst doing a bunch of this online at work I missed one of my few and far opportunites for "face time"  w/ a woman at work who's peaked my interest recently......now those of you who know me probably know there's a "Do Not Resuscitate" label on my love life.......I think Reagan was still in office when I had my last romantic interlude{you think I'm joking......!}so the last thing I need right now as I'm trying to focus on my running not to mention balancing the budget to finance Nationals is another of my "Flights Of Fantasy" or "Cinderella Searches" as I call them that usually all end in tears....mine.
Having said all that I will say that just because I'm old and been left on the shelf doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be taken down and dusted every now and again"........moving on.......

8 mile recovery run to keep things ticking over for the week plus flush out any leftover lactic acid from the 600s on Tuesday,I was pleasently surprised that my calves weren't screaming blue murder today.....I doubt I'll be so lucky after Saturdays 8x300x200x300 repeats.....No Pain,No Gain right?
The last piece of my pre Nationals puzzle was solved yesterday,the 2 Twilight meets at Icahn Stadium in May I penciled in as my Outdoor openers have a schedule now.
I'll go 800m on The 15th and 1,500m on the 29th b4 reversing the process at the first two Tuesday Nite Speed Series races also at Icahn Stadium in June b4 going mile.800m in July pre Nationals.
One small "fly in the ointment" so to speak the deadline for entry for Nationals is June 19th which means my only chance to submit an 800m seed time is my season opener on May 15th......no pressure right??!!

No comments: