Monday, April 14, 2014

Bollocks!....Double Bollocks!!


Ain't it a shame.to be shot down in flames
AC/DC

In a week that was already turned upside down w/ blown opportunities to get repeats in the last thing I needed on Saturday was the proverbial "runaround".........
Following a dramatic come from 3.0 down 3.3 draw for my beloved Spurs away to West Brom between 10am-12pm I felt all was right w/ the world and set off for the track at Temple w/ the intention of  taking care of my 4x1 mile repeats,having lost  my mid week repeats I was forced to choose between 4x1 mile or 5 x1,000m either or I opted for mile repeats.......

Imagine my horror but given the week I'd had NOT total surprize to find the track "off limits" when I arrived at 1.15pm..............................I'm not sure why the track was closed or what the giant inflatables on the infield were for but I'm guseeing they were something to do w/ the "Alumni Weekend" banner on Broad St plus the number of people walkingaround  the campus w/ Temple laminates around their necks........
Now what? the plan had been do my repeats b4 hitting Center City to do the chores that needed doing yestereday that I'd put off in order to get my 6 miler in,I figured while I rode the subway back to City Hall I could go w/ a plan B.
Vitamins and Holy Water securred{what can I say born Irish Cathloic,always have Holy Water in the house!} I  now had to think which other track I could sellect,Roxborough,Lower Merion,St Joe's etc....talk about "enny,meeny mini,moe" Roxborough is a hike,St Joe's tends to be hit and miss as a college facility and getting access so I boarded the R5 to Ardmore out in the burbs to hit Lower Merion's high school track......fourth time's a charm right????
FUCK ME SIDEWAYS TILL SUNDAY!!!! fuckin' lacrosse practice on the infield which renders the track out of bounds/off limits!!!!

By now it was 3.45pm in the 2.5 hours since I'd arrived at Temple I was no nearer getting on a track for repeats and while Haverford was 2 miles up the mainline the way things have gone this week I felt why bother trying to see if I could get on the track,I'm sure SOMETHING would have been going on to keep me off the track!!!!
What a pisser,zero track repeats this week and two less between now and Wake Forest in 14 weeks time and having gone out of my way to stay on pace for a 40 mile week it had now blown up in my face on a day I nine times out of ten take care of bussiness,it was a somber train ride back to the city b4 getting on the trolley back to West Philly,just not my day I guess

No comments: