Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It Takes A Second

In an apartment in Times Square you can assemble them anywhere,held to ransom hell to pay a revolution everyday USSR,DDR,London,New York,Peking it's the puppets it's the puppets pulling the strings
Seconds U2

My second crack at the 4x400m/decathletes mile which while a 5th Avenue Mile workout may  stay in the rotation once I resume weekly/biweekly repeats in December once I return to preparing for both indoor and outdoor track.
Arrived at Geasey Field at 10.35am,once again it was close to deserted thanks to rain earlier which suited me as I prefer the track to myself period but more so w/ the 4x400m repeats where every second counts so it's better for me if I can hog the inside lane w/out having to weave across the track. and lose precious time.
Mile warm up and into the 2x150s........
22.61
22.83
Having opened in 23s last week this was an encouraging start,as a non sprinter I'm often surprized at my speed over the shorter distances.....but trust me when I say having found my niche as a 800m/1,500m runner I have NO plans on switching anytime soon!!!!

Following my  four minute recovery it was time for the 4x400m repeats
65.40
65.93
67.26
67.84
Wow! last week I opened w/ splits of
66.07
66.71
68.43
69.02
So clearly w/in a week there'd been improvement,how deep I can carry that improvement over the coming weeks as the countdown to 5th Avenue Mile continues{6 weeks and counting} remains to be seen.
Now for the fun part my decathletes mile off of only 4 mins recovery.....if this wasn't self inflicted I'd be in touch w/ the Court Of Human Rights in Strasbourg about crule and unusual treatment!!!!!

1.25-1.30-1.29-1.15=5.39.0
A four  second improvement on last weeks
1.24-1.31-1.31-1.17=5.43.2

Overall I had to be pleased,last week was about putting down a marker and from here on in it's about trying to get faster,today I can up trumps which is always pleasing it remains to be seen if the coming weeks will be as successful

No comments: