Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Paying The Toll For A Bridge Over Troubled Waters

In the dark of night those small hours uncertain and anxious I need to call you
Rooms full of strangers some call me friend but I wish you were so close to me
In the dark of night those small hours I drift away when I'm w/ you
In the dark of night by my side,in the dark of night by my side by my side by my side
I wish you were,I wish you were

By My Side-Inxs


Easy/recovery 6 miler to kick off the week,given my choice I prefer to kick the week off on a Monday period......given todays "balmy" 31 degrees was the warmest it was going to  be untill Friday you could see  my desire to get miles in today!
A few years back I invested in a heavy duty hoodie for days like this,running along the Schuykill it felt like money well spent let me tell ya!!
It has to stated for the record it's a heck of a lot easier to motivate myself to get out and run when it's only a 6 miler in these kind of conditions,I'm reminded of a story Bono tells in the documentry of "The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire" saying how they're into the chorus of "Pride" b4 you realize you've finished the verse
"Will I Tell ye the story of Johny Mcgrory,shall I begin it,well that's all that's in it" basically it's over b4 you know it......kind of like the 6 mile out and back to Lloyd Hall b4 you know it you're on the footpath along the Schuylkill off of South St bridge and hitting the the 2 mile mark,next thing you now you're turning around at Lloyd Hall and you're heading home......it also helps getting out the door by 4.20pm it's still daylight which means it's a tad warmer althought w/ a "high" of 31 degrees not that warm it must be said!!!
Another sound investment recently was a gallon of Apple Cider,nothing like a steaming mug of hot Apple Cider post run to warm you up.


Jan 5th is another Erica anniversary,it's the night we first met,this year marked the 30th anniversary of that.
I can still remember that evening like it was only yesterday,sadly all the water that's gone under the bridge since then has washed away said bridge,if I had a dollar for the times I've said "if only I knew then what I know now" maybe just maybe Erica and I would still be together,ah hindsight you fickle son of a bitch.........

No comments: