Monday, January 12, 2015

Caught In A Compromising Position........

#wishfulthinkingishouldbesolucky

Saturdays,given my choice are track repeats,but as I stated in my blog last Saturday at this time of year I tend to push them back to lunchtime/early afternoon to combat the cold.......
The "fly in that ointment" this week however was two fold, A Spurs vs Crystal Palace at 12.30pm and the fact that the days "high'' temprature was only going to be 19 degrees......
The Spurs Palace issue was an easy fix.....dvr it and watch it when I returned home........however sleeping till 11am did rather throw an industrial size spanner into the works as I was now only looking at maybe an hours wake up and get ready time b4 departing for the frozen tundra that obviously Temple's Geasey Field was going to be.
Following Tuesday's snowy repeats I hadn't checked the status of the track and in fairness there was a 50/50 chance the track was still covered w/ snow and more dangerously ice,it'd be a kick in the nuts to get over there and find it unusable not to mention the waste of and hour and a halfs commute.

By the time the Spurs Palace game ended at 2.20pm the prospect of repeats w/ their stop start nature in 19 degree temps were frankly a tough sell,at least I was dressed to run  SO the compromise {see what I did there.....oh right your still eyeing up Kay Murray and googling her to find more racey photos......trust me they're out there......or so I've been told!!!!} was to run an 8 miler,I would come up short on my 2 repeats per non race week  schedule but at least stay on pace for a 5 day/40mpw....
While out on my out and back along the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Drive I couldn't help but feel it wasn't as cold as I was lead to believe,maybe it got above 19 degs?maybe I've become immune to the bonechilling temps?? or Frostbite had set in soon to be followed by Hypothermia????

I'm sure I'll kick myself for a day or two at baulking at a potential repeat session but at least I got out and ran

No comments: