Monday, April 6, 2015

Poo{h} Sticks

The opening line of the Serenity Prayer tells us"accept the things I cannot change"  which would be apt for my trip to Temple's Geasey Field for my 3x300m/3x200m repeats on Saturday lunchtime.
I could tell from the brief amount of time I stood out on the corner of 50th & Baltimore Ave waiting for the #34 trolley it was windy which never bodes well for Geasey Field at the best of times but I had visions of being tossed around like a rag doll on the back straight there today.....and sadly I wasn't wrong.

Arriving at11.25am I at least had the track more or less to myself,always important when doing shorter repeats a la 3x300/3x200m where laying claim to lane 1 is vital.
Six lap warm up taken care of it was time to "get stuck in" was able to rock the shorts look again but kept the Under Armour Spurs half zip jacket on,the sun was out but the blustery wind across Geasey Field meant my nipples cut pain glass if need be....yeah it was that windy!!!
Last time out over 3x300/3x200m on Feb 25th I went:
47.61   33.49                                                                                                                                             
49.68   33.53
50.15   33.31

51.73   33.82
52.62   35.00
53.78   32.66

On the whole plus/minus I ended up at minus 11,I was in the hole for four seconds after the opening 300m but I stayed w/ it.....what else was I going to do? I've never been to a track meet where the officials have said "you know what guys the wind's blowing rather harshly,we're going to run clockwise to help you combat it........" so I made the best of a bad situation and notched another set of repeats on my 2015 resume.....let's hope it's not as windy whenever I next tackle 3x300/3x200m
            

No comments: