Wednesday, April 29, 2015

100 Not Out......But Also Hoping To Bowl A Maiden Over!!!!

The original game plan for the week was:easy 8 Monday,repeats Tuesday,tempo 8 Wednesday,repeats Saturday,Sunday TBD......
A combination of being a little "shagged out" after Mondays brisker than expected 8 miler and a sleepless nite meant the lure of an extra 9 mins in bed yesterday morning over getting up at 5am and getting my backpack ready in order to schleep to Roxboro for repeats won out...hey ho!
I did have the option of coming home post work and grabbing my gear and heading back to Temple's Geasey Field for my prepossed repeats.......OR  waiting till Wednesday for said repeats....which was the side of the fence I came down on.

Now the only wrinkle in that was having done an "easy" 8 miles on Monday w/ a view to hitting the track for repeats on Tuesday I couldn't very well go "bat shit crazy" today and have nothing in the tank for repeats so rather than make it a brisk tempo run I'd go easy but try and make it competitive easy run.
Much like Monday I wasn't paying attention to my early splits although I did check my watch at Lloyd Hall 28.48 so I knew I was "in the ballpark" of Mondays 36.16 turnaround split.......and YES  I know you shouldn't mix your metaphors.....I used Cricket in the title and now I'm talking Baseball.....sue me!!!
36.24 at the turnaround,8 seconds down on Mondays split......oh it was SO on now!!!

I wasn't 100%  sure I'd get under Monday's 1.11.26 I'd done that off of fresh legs and a rest day but if I was going down I was going down swinging!!!
My splits at Lloyd Hall and Mile 6 were on schedule for a 1.11 at least the over/under on .26 was debatable,hiting 39th and Baltimore Ave I saw 1.05 and something on the watch,given every second was vital I couldn't actually slow down to read what the seconds were,time to not only "bring the pain" but also embrace it.
On the the corner of 49th and Cedar I clearly had the "pedestrian right of way" as I began to cross the second to last street b4 the finish......evidently the driver who was forced to stop to allow me to continue my forward trajectory wasn't overly keen on the idea......trust me fucker you  DON'T  want me as your hood ornament and following "words to that effect" I gave it everything in the final block b4 crossing the plain of my front door on the corner of 50th St..........

1.11.21...........................................................................................................................................................
Oh how sweet it is!!!,eight seconds down at the turnaround,five seconds up at the finish,it does beg the question how fast would a tempo run have been???? a question best left for another day I hope.
Tonites 8 miles brought me upto 100 for the month w/ a day left for hopefully 6 miles,mile warm up,4 miles of 800m repeats{8x800m}mile cool down,had I not lost last week maybe a 140 mile month.....#theresalwaysmay

No comments: