Wednesday, April 22, 2015

{K}not Again.......

April was not only scheduled as my "transisition" month from Indoor to Outdoor but also a month to lay solid foundations for the summer in the build up to Outdoor Nationals,Worlds and 5th Avenue Mile........best laid plans of mice and men eh????

I've now suffered back to back weeks of two repeats being scrapped due to not being able to get on the track to begin w/ and also two incomplete repeats.......funny I always thought running was meant to reduce not induce stress!!!!! did I get that wrong too???

Things began well enough.....I actually got to and on the track  which in light of recent weeks is not something I've been able to say,sunny and blue skies,little to no wind,little to no obstructions on the track,maybe I could do a number on these 5x200mx2 repeats?
6 lap warm up conducted it was on w/ the bandana and on w/ the flats and "down to bussiness" 5x200m in 33 seconds and under w/ 45 second recoveries,a five minute rest inbetween sets......I felt I could do this,given this was my debut at this particular repeat I had no previous splits to guage a "baseline" off of but 33 and under felt doable......

#1 5x200m
32.37-33.00-33.37-32.25-31.79
So far so good,I saw no reason to think the second set wouldn't follow suit as I paced back and forth on the infield Pole Vault runway waiting to attack #2.......

During that rest period the knot in my right hamstring that forced me to step off the track w/ 500m to go last Sunday reintroduced its self and 100m into the first 200m of set #2 I pulled up again..........
BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've subsequently come to the opinion it's Sciatica,I had a similar issue last summer w/ my left hamstring although thankfully not as pronounced as this.

To combat it I will have to double the stretches I've been doing to ease the discomfort in my left hamstring to include my right hammy and hope that helps,I can ill afford any more incomplete repeats,glass half empty I've gone 0 for 4 in the past fortnite now,glass half full in April I have weeks and months to crush it,w/ any injury or illness the right diagnosis is half the battle{2011s Anemia issue is a classic example.......} so here's hoping......

No comments: