Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dancing In The Moonlite

Another easy 3 miler post work as I get back into the routine of coming home and getting changed and heading out to run.
Dib and I continue to monitor my level of fitness following my week off,the cardinal sin right now would be to do too much too soon,the old adage of"less is more" is going to be the mantra for a few more days b4 we feel we can amp things up to full speed.
For my cardiovascular workout last nite I went to see Keane at The Tower,I'd missed their last visit to Philly and the previous one got cancelled so it was 4 years since I'd last seen them,they more than made up for lost time.
It's funny prior to the intervention of"St Francis" and the awfully nice people at Orbitz I was feeling guilty about going to the show money being what it was but w/ the airfare to Finland secured and most of the balance for my accommodation saved I felt I could enjoy a rare nite out w/out too much concern.
Keane will be one of the bands travelling w/ me to Finland via my ipod and discman in 10 weeks time trust me on that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Information on the flight? Airlines, airports, itenary, etc

thanks
Matt

kevin f forde said...

Matt I lucked out like a fiend on my flight,Orbitz $476 from JFK to Helsinki.
I still have that link if you need me to email it to you.
Are you running the 5,000m and 10,000m?

Anonymous said...

Finair was more expensive, but
Orbitz had $964 or so from SanFran. A bit steep.
No 5k/10K
Steeple is basically run as a final or two finals, with no qualifying.
Tough call, I have a trip in August to Tokoyo, Septmeber- New York, Hawaii- December plus other small weekend trips Santa Barbara- Oct etc.(ussually a race in there somewhere)
I only have so much in the way of travel funds.
I would love to go to Worlds, but I know they will be in my backyard in 2 years.

kevin f forde said...

There's also World Indoors in Kamloops B.C. next March.
I still can't believe my luck w/ my flight,it was looking like I wouldn't make it to Finland but now I can focus on the job at hand.