Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rainmaker

After two lost days due to the rain I was delighted to be out running again......and I'm sure the people around me were happy I was running also,I fully admit to getting cranky when I can't run,right up there w/ my Iron What? t shirt would be the "Addicted To Running" or "Track Is My Crack" t shirts also!!!
Another nite of the "hurry up offense/two minute drill"at Franklin Field,thankfully it was a short workout on tap:4x150m/2x400m/2x150m.
Tonite was more about control than a "blow the barn doors off"workout,the target time on the opening 150s was 24 seconds and I went:23.39,24.48,23.51,23.63.
I was pleased w/ my ability to run controlled not something I always do well and factor in the chomping at the bit after two days off and the need to get the workout in w/in half an hour I should be pleased w/ myself.
Target time for the 400s was 64 seconds,I went:63.47,65.96.
I would've nailed the second 400 were it not for some bimbo hogging lane 5 as I came off the turn to the finish,I hoped she'd either move out of my way or leave me enough room to squeeze through on the inside of the lane,she did neither which forced me to swing wide into the next lane,the brief hesitation and having to switch lanes cost me a 63/64 second split.
Final set of 150s,target time 22 seconds,I went:22.93,21.82.
I was very pleased w/ my overall workout tonite,if I'm going to get close to my track mile pr of 4.28.1 on Thursday nite it'll be through controlled pace which was what tonite was about,let's just hope it stops raining by then!
"You tell me we can start the rain,you tell me that we all can change,you tell me we can find something to wash the tears away
You tell me we can start the rain,you tell me that we all can change,you tell me we can find something to wash the tears,and I know of the pain that you feel the same as me,and I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves and the cracks in the ground like the cracks in all our lives,they are sealed and now far away"
''Rainmaker"
Iron Maiden

No comments: