Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reports Of My Demise..............

A week,they say is a long time,this past one felt like an eternity.

I'll spare you all the details but the bottom line was a bum wheel keep me out of action for a week,thankfully I was given the all clear to return to training today and w/ that the dark cloud that was slowly engulfing me was sent scattering to the four corners of the universe.
On top of a clean bill of health today my entry for Worlds was confirmed and after losing $300 over the past two weeks I found a flight to Finland,the same flight I was going to spend $895 on for $476,now all I need to do is secure my accommodation.
This Friday marks 10 weeks till I fly out to Lahti via Helsinki,10 weeks to get myself ready to forfill my dream of being world champion,in the past two days I've been given added incentive to make that happen,my mother Eileen retires from work this Thursday,I feel I should be there at this land mark in her life,I can't be due to Worlds it just isn't in the budget to fly to London and go to Worlds so the best way I can make it up to her for not being there on Thursday is win gold in Lahti.
Also today my coach's father died,I know how that feels to lose a father so my thoughts and prayers are w/ coach and his family and I want to win gold for him also.
After an easy 3 miler today,I'll repeat that tomorrow and slowly start to amp things up,it's good to be back.
"I saw my past and I saw my future,you take the pieces of the dreams that you have
Because you don't like the way they seem to be going,you cut them up and spread them out on the floor,you're full of hope as you begin rearranging"
"The Lovers Are Losing"
Keane

4 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

Sounds like you have had a lot to content with. Were you injured? If so, what was it? I've been a bit achy myself.

kevin f forde said...

Delvin,
the day of the 1,500m at Swarthmore my right tendon was bothering me,turns out I had swelling around the sheeth,so I was told to take a week off{eek!!}take a course of tablets and either have PT on it or buy an EMS 5000,PT runs $25 a visit,the EMS 5000 ran me $100,I bought the EMS 5000,at the time $100 I didn't have but I looked at it as an investment in my goal of being world champion this summer.
the swelling as gone down,I'm back training and saving $419 in my airfare yesterday means it very much GAME ON!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all the set backs. Sounds like you are able to put it all in perspective.

Question: can I get the info on the flight you were able to get? perhaps I will entertain a trip and run the steeple. I know I would have to pay the late entry fee, but just curious on the great flight you got, what airline?

kevin f forde said...

Check Finnair for flights