Monday, May 25, 2009

You Can't Spell Scunthorpe W/out Saying............

The proverbial day late and a dollar/euro short on yesterdays entry,blame it on not getting home till almost 3am Sunday morning.....we'll get to that.
The important stuff first,following Millwall's heartbreaking 3.2 loss to Scunthorpe in the League 1 playoff final I went out for my run.
In a week that had seen me downgrade the discomfort level in my tendon I finally reached 1 which means tomorrow I can return to speed work.....YEA!!!
As for Millwall's loss,yeah it's a disappointment,Wembley is no place for losers,nobody remembers the team that loses but I hope the extra 40,000 fans who showed up for the big day out can get behind the club when the new season begins and lend the kind of vocal support the team enjoyed Sunday,w/ that kind kind of support at The New Den maybe Millwall can land automatic promotion next season.
Finally why was I out till almost 3am on a Saturday?a few weeks back I read that an Iron Maiden tribute band Sanctury were coming to the North Star Bar,I love seeing bands at the North Star it's like seeing a band in your living room and my love of Maiden is well documented{for the uninitiated "Running Free" was the first Maiden single and a nobrainer for a blog title for moi}
These guys ROCKED! any band that can play for three hours get mad props but three hours of Iron Maiden!!!!!
To any and all Maiden fans who read my blog check these guys out at www.ironmaidentribute.com or www.myspace.com/ironmaidentribute
And certainly check them out live,you won't be disappointed.
UP THE IRONS.

No comments: